Website Heading


Consumer Loan, Commercial Loan or Neither?

The California Finance Lenders Law imposes a licensing requirement on persons engaged in the business of a finance lender.  Cal. Fin. Code § 22100(a).  Chapter 2 of the CFLL imposes a host of requirements on “consumer loans” and Chapter 3 imposes a few requirements on “commercial loans”.  Thus, it is important for a finance lender…

Share on:

Bill Would Authorize Payments For Commercial Loan Referrals

California State Senator Marty Block has introduced a bill, SB 197, that would authorize a licensed finance lender to compensate an unlicensed person or company in connection with the referral of one or more prospective borrowers to the licensee for a commercial loan.  Compensation would be authorized only if several conditions are met.  For example, the referral must lead…

Share on: