Website Heading


Calling All Stock Certificates

Last week, Broc Romanek’s Mentor Blog addressed the question of what to do about outstanding stock certificates following a reverse stock split.  Today, I’ll weigh in with a California perspective. Section 422 of the California Corporations Code invests a corporation’s board of directors the authority to order any holders of outstanding share certificates to surrender and exchange them for…

Share on:

Adjudicate or Rule Make? That May Not Be A Question For The Courts

Professor Stephen Bainbridge yesterday passed along Henry G. Manne’s criticism of the SEC’s use of adjudication in lieu of rulemaking.  For those who haven’t taken my Administrative Law class, there are actually two types of adjudication and three different rulemaking procedures under the Administrative Procedure Act. Under the APA, adjudication is defined as the process…

Share on: