Website Heading


How to Avoid a Filing Fee

When forming a subsidiary corporation, many lawyers rely on the exemption contained in Corporations Code Section 25102(f) or upon federal preemption via Corporations Code Section 25102.1(d).  Both of these sections require the filing of a notice with the Commissioner of Corporations (although the failure to file a notice of exemption under Section 25102(f) does not affect the availability…

Share on:

Enforcing this Bylaw Could Land You in Jail!

Out-of-state practitioners are frequently surprised by some of California’s laws, but I’m guessing that very few, if any, California lawyers are familiar with Business & Professions Code Section 16801. That section provides in part: It is unlawful for any corporation organized under the laws of this State [i.e., California], or the board of directors, trustees,…

Share on: